That morning, I was still feeling sick and felt reluctant to
go to the trip. However, I just kept praying to God that may His will be done.
If He wants me to go, then give me the strength and ability to do so. If not,
then please show me that my body cannot stand and I need rest. In the end, I
made the decision to go to this outing and it is one experience that I will
never forget.
Visiting
Wong Nai Siong park reminded me that in order to do missions, we must step out
of our comfort zone. Just like how Wong Nai Siong left his family, his
properties behind to come to Sibu to evangelize and do missions. Often times as
Christians, we prefer to stick around the church activities, having fellowship
with people who are already Christians instead of responding to the need to
spread the gospel to more people. Not only do we need to step out of our
comfort zone, there are also sacrifices that we must make. Sacrifice the time
that we use to play computer games, the money for petrol and materials, and
most importantly our energy to do evangelism and missions.
Hoover
Memorial Park was also a good experience. After reading the story of Reverend
James Hoover, I see that how one’s response to God calling can make a huge
difference. As someone who is going to be a theological student soon, and a
pastor in future, I asked myself the question, “Will there be a day where there
is a ‘Paul Ling’ memorial park?” The purpose of this question is not to drive
me to strive to achieve accomplishments to be known by people, rather as a form
of constant reminder of my commitment to the ministry. It serves as my personal
reflection on how much am I willing to give to God, in my whole life, so that
He may use me to accomplish His will and plans in this world. Once again, I
prayed to God that this fire will continue to burn in my heart so that I will
learn from the example of Wong Nai Siong and James Hoover, to go ahead and
evangelize the world and bring the gospel to the unreached.
I also
thanked God that He called me at this young age. There are many doubters,
particularly my high school teachers that say one should not serve at such a
young age. Some say I am too raw, too unequipped, too limited, but I trust that
youth is the best asset I have. In fact, I can serve God for 50 years or more,
which is something that one would dream of! With a teachable and humble heart,
I fully believe that God calls me in His best timing, and He will prepare
everything I need in the future. I pray that my life will be a burning
sacrifice to God. And on the day where my life ends, may be like Apostle Paul, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished
the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7)
P/S : Sorry for not posting in awhile, have been quite busy. Meanwhile, enjoy this post!
No comments:
Post a Comment