Thursday, 21 August 2014

FYT vs ISF?

I'm actually in this FYT program (First Year Transition) where they pick like 20-25 freshmen out of 400 and put them in 3 different cohorts each. The aim is to make us bond so that we will find the transition progress smooth and we will have a group of people to gather and interact with.

So while other freshmen went for regular orientation sessions, FYT students had our own and they invited juniors/seniors that benefited from FYT to come and share their experience. One of them said FYT helped her to feel like she belong here and she told us soon from now we'll be sitting with everyone in our cohort during meals. From there on we split into three different cohorts and had an ice breaking session where we introduce ourselves and get to know one another.

The thing is, after being with the International Students Fellowship (ISF) people ever since I got here, ISF is where I actually feel like home. So we international students were sitting together during lunch and it's like there's this formidable gap between Americans and us right now. Everyone's saying we're grateful for ISF and feel really blessed to be in it. Meanwhile, our seniors in ISF were telling us, "Ahh, soon you'll either get a girlfriend, get married before I graduate, or break up, come back to us and be like 'why did I ever leave this group!' Because that's how it usually works." A rather interesting statement indeed. Fits right in with the nickname of Moody BRIDAL Institute.

Well, who knows? Things might change, I might really leave ISF table for any reason possible. For now, since I don't have a girlfriend (at least I don't plan to), and I'm really not that close with my FYT cohort people yet, I guess I'll stick with ISF people and hangout with them during meals. Lets just see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment