Monday, 18 August 2014

Adjustments

Had a tough night last night. There were just so many questions and uncertainties and so much stuff stuck in my brain. Thankfully God sent angels around me who gave me advices and comforted me. Helped me to let go certain things and focus on what's more important ahead. Definitely felt better going into Day 3 of Orientation.

Okay so now it's just like half way into the day (lunch time), so it's not gonna cover everything in the day (unless I edit this post later on). Anyway, in the morning we had some lectures and talks about employment, particularly on-campus jobs and also differences in culture between America and other countries and how to adjust and adapt.

I am just so passionate right now about getting a job on campus. It's not as easy because you've got so many people looking for an on-campus job but there's only so little jobs available. Also you have to write a resume (in which I am not writing because of certain reasons) and go through interview, which is later on in the afternoon to get a job.

Also learning about American culture kinda make me like anxious to meet more Americans (so far there's only international students on campus, at least majority) and discover their traits. Am looking forward to be changed by them but also not lose my identity as in the culture and habits from where I come from. I really hope school starts soon because I can see a very exciting year ahead!

It was a fun and wonderful morning and I guess all these stuff fired up the passion in me to really enjoy my life here in Moody and it also helped me to like move on from the things that were troubling me. It's just amazing how God works and pull you up from a tough situation even when it looks like there's no hope anymore. I am pretty pumped up and excited right now so pray for me to land a suitable job and most importantly, for the Lord's will to be done, not my will! Will post an update if I am hired so see you all soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment