Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Spiritual Journal #3

          “Do not worry” was the title of the sermon last Sunday at Wesley Methodist Church, my assigned church for fieldwork. The preacher, Mr. Charles Tiong shared on Luke 12:22-34, mainly on how blessed we are as God knows what we need and will supply us all that we require in our daily life.

            However, during offering, I opened my wallet and saw that I didn’t have any small notes, only ten ringgit notes. That moment, I hesitated but I still ended up putting in RM10 as my response to today’s message. I was left with RM30, and I had to pay on my own expenses for Sunday’s lunch and dinner, Monday and also Tuesday’s breakfast and lunch. That’s RM30 budget for 6 meals! In today’s market, that’s technically impossible!

            So I withstood the hunger on Sunday afternoon and walked to Wisma Sanyan in the evening to eat dinner. As I was walking back from Wisma Sanyan, I checked my wallet, and there was about RM20 left only! I started to panic and worry. How am I going to survive? As much as I know God knows my needs, I couldn’t help but worry. And then my phone rang. My dad called, and we all know what happened next. His close business partner who lives in Sibu came and visit me and gave me some amount of cash.


            As I look back at this incident, I only had to pay for 2 more meals! Reverend Ting Diu Kiong invited me and some others to eat breakfast with him on Monday morning and Tuesday morning, after morning prayer in Xin Fu Yuan Methodist, and of course there was not a chance where we pay by ourselves. Our God once said, “I am who I am”. So who is He? He is everything we need! If you need love, He will give you, food, He will supply you, so do not worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment